Category - Injured People

Can I make a Comcare claim and receive compensation for a psychiatric injury?

When asking if you can make a Comcare claim and receive compensation for a psychiatric injury, the short answer is yes! Unlike most state workers’ compensation schemes, under the Comcare compensation scheme, an injured worker may be entitled to a lump sum payment for a psychiatric condition.  If you are assessed with a permanent...

Read more

Top five questions to ask your lawyer at your first meeting

Hi. My name is Tim White, and I am a partner here at TGB, specialising in advising injured workers – specifically with military compensation claims and Comcare claims. Having assisted injured workers for about 25 years, I want to share with you my top five questions you should raise with your lawyer at the first meeting....

Read more

Federal Government workers compensation authority Comcare accused of unethical behaviour

Lawyers concerned Comcare’s tactics are hurting injured claimants If a claimant refuses to see a doctor nominated by Comcare, the claimant’s compensation can be suspended and they must go to court to argue their case.(ABC News: Emma Machan) Australian Lawyers Alliance spokesman Tim White, who has represented Commonwealth...

Read more

Lodging a Comcare Commonwealth Compensation Claim for injury – Important things you need to be aware of

How and why does a valid work injury Comcare compensation claim get rejected and what can workers do to protect themselves? When workers leave it too late to report their injury or condition to their employer or delay in lodging the claim, it can make the claims process more difficult and will often result in their Comcare...

Read more
Load more