Get in touch with Tim
Tim White has a Personal Injury client base as diverse as Australian society itself and embraces unique elements related to his varied outside interests.
Chief among them is Tim’s membership of the Air Force Reserves, in which he serves as a Legal Officer with the rank of Squadron Leader. This pursuit has inspired Tim to become one of very few Adelaide lawyers to specialise in representing Defence Force personnel and their families.
Tim has assisted veterans from World War 2, Korea and Vietnam, as well as currently-serving personnel from Middle East conflicts. He has tackled historic and complex claims on behalf of veterans exposed to atomic bomb tests at Maralinga in the 1950’s and bombing at Hiroshima.
An important legal precedent has been credited to Tim, through his successful pursuit of a stress claim for a Vietnam veteran. Reaching the nation’s second-highest court, the six-year legal battle saw Tim draw on the lessons he has learned from another of his outside passions – marathon running.
Indeed the same tenacity, commitment and discipline that Tim shows on long-distance runs is also a distinctive feature of his service as a lawyer.
In addition, Tim thrives on the wide variety of his clientele – from CEO’s to apprentices. He devotes unquestionable commitment to clients injured in motor vehicle accidents, at work and those suffering life threatening diseases due to exposure to asbestos.
His desire to fight for the underdog is his strongest professional motivation; and one which has made him a pillar of the firm through his long career with TGB.
Use our online family law tools to find out where you standGet started online with Tim
- Commerce Degree – University of Adelaide
- Law Degree – Queensland University of Technology
- Admitted to practice 1996
My Areas of Expertise
- Class Actions
- Motor Vehicle Accident Injury
- Workers Compensation
- Public Liability Injury
- Medical Negligence
- Comcare and Commonwealth Employee Claims
- Defence Force Members, Veterans and Widow Claims
- Asbestos and Chemical Exposure Claims
- Total and Permanent Disability / Superannuation Claims
My Professional Interests
- President-Elect, Law Society of SA
- Legal Officer in the Royal Australian Air Force Reserves
- Member of Stakeholder Reference Group, Road Trauma Support WA
- Member of Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Chairman – Organising Committee, ITU World Duathlon Championships (SA 2015)
Media & Blog Posts
If you've been involved in a car accident there is as much a mental toll as a physical one. TGB partner Tim White and senior associate Nakkie Le Roux examine the path to a successful psychological injury claim in Western Australia.Read more
Often I see Commonwealth employees that have sustained a work injury and as a consequence of that injury they develop other problems or complications with another part of their body. This is referred to as a sequalae or secondary injury. If this occurs it is important to claim for this secondary injury, otherwise the impact...Read more