Get in touch with Tim
Tim White has assisted injured people for more than 25 years. He has a personal injury client base as diverse as Australian society itself, and embraces unique elements related to his varied outside interests and associations.
Chief among these is Tim’s membership of the Royal Australian Air Force Reserves, in which he serves as a Legal Officer with the rank of Squadron Leader. This pursuit has inspired Tim to become one of few Australian lawyers to specialise in representing Defence Force members, veterans and their families in military compensation claims all around Australia.
Tim has assisted Defence Force members and veterans from World War II, Korea, Vietnam, East Timor, Iraq, Afghanistan and other conflicts in the Middle East. He has tackled thousands of historic and complex military compensation claims relating to injuries arising from service all over the world.
He also assists civilian Commonwealth employees injured at work with Comcare claims all around Australia. He has represented clients in class action claims, those exposed to asbestos and other dangerous chemicals, or those with catastrophic injuries arising from motor vehicle accidents and workplace incidents.
Tim has represented clients in numerous long legal battles that have established important legal precedents for others. He draws on the lessons he has learned from another of his outside passions, marathon running. Indeed, the same tenacity, commitment and discipline that Tim shows on long-distance runs is also a distinctive feature of his service as a lawyer.
In addition, Tim thrives on the wide variety of his clientele – from CEOs to apprentices. He devotes unquestionable commitment to his clients that have been injured in a large variety of circumstances.
His desire to fight for the underdog is his strongest professional motivation; and one which has made him a pillar of the firm throughout his long career with TGB.
Tim was the 2020 president of the Law Society of South Australia and is a director of the Law Council of Australia.
Use our online family law tools to find out where you standGet started online with Tim
- Commerce Degree – University of Adelaide
- Law Degree – Queensland University of Technology
- Admitted to practice 1996
My Areas of Expertise
- Class Actions
- Motor Vehicle Accident Injury
- Workers Compensation
- Public Liability Injury
- Medical Negligence
- Comcare and Commonwealth Employee Claims
- Defence Force Members & Veterans – Military Compensation Claims
- Asbestos and Chemical Exposure Claims
- Total and Permanent Disability/Superannuation Claims
My Professional Interests
- President, Law Society of SA 2020
- Legal Officer in the Royal Australian Air Force Reserves
- Member of Stakeholder Reference Group, Road Trauma Support WA
- Member of Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Chairman – Organising Committee, ITU World Duathlon Championships (SA 2015)
- Director Law Council Australia
- Ethics and Practice Committee
- Litigation Assistance Fund Advisory Board
- Regulation Advisory Committee
- Law Society representative on the Joint Rules Advisory Committee
Media & Blog Posts
Being medically discharged from the Australian Defence Force seems to be occurring with increased frequency. I speak with current and former defence force members on a weekly basis who have been medically discharged for a large array of injuries. Most often this is due to serious physical injuries but very frequently a psychological...Read more
When asking if you can make a Comcare claim and receive compensation for a psychiatric injury, the short answer is yes! Unlike most state workers’ compensation schemes, under the Comcare compensation scheme, an injured worker may be entitled to a lump sum payment for a psychiatric condition. If you are assessed with a permanent...Read more