Jon Redman

Senior Lawyer

Contact Details

Get in touch with Jon

or get started online


Personal Assistants

You would be hard pressed to find a Perth family lawyer with the depth of knowledge and experience that Jon Redman offers clients.

Practising since 1979, Jon continues to approach every new client with the same commitment and dedication as he has always done. His main priority when dealing with clients is to ensure their experience is one that they look back on as something that was, if not pleasant, then certainly carried out in the most professional and supportive way possible.

He is an experienced guide through the minefield of Family Court litigation, ensuring clients are fully informed as to what is taking place and that they feel they are an integral part of the process. He takes care to explain to them, in clear terms, what is happening and how it will impact in the future.

Jon’s experience is evident in his additional qualifications that set him apart in the family law space as well as his areas of expertise.

A nationally accredited mediator, and qualified child representative, he works across all aspects of family law including complex property matters, international relocation and abduction matters, surrogacy matters and complex children’s issues.

Holding both Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Law degrees from Australian national University gives him a uniquely broad set of skills and appreciation of the financial side of his work.

Jon uses his legal skills to help others outside of work, continuing to volunteer at a community legal centre which he helped set up in 1982. He also acts as government- appointed prison visitor at the Bandyup Women’s Prison.

Use our online family law tools to find out where you stand

Get started online with Jon

Jon Redman

Senior Lawyer


  • Bachelor of Laws – Australian National University
  • Bachelor of Economics – Australian National University
  • Admitted to practice 1979


  • Divorce
  • Complex Property Matters
  • Children’s Issues
  • Financial Agreements
  • Surrogacy
  • Complex property matters
  • International Relocation and Abduction Matters
  • Binding Financial Agreements


  • Accredited Family Law Specialist
  • Qualified Child Representative
  • Member of the WA Law Society


My Team

Media & Blog Posts

Should I get a pre-nup? Maybe...

In Western Australia if you have been in a committed relationship for two years or more there is a possibility (but no more) that your partner may take you to the Family Court of Western Australia and ask that Court to make an order about property that you or they or both of you own. If you live together the chances are...

Read more