Our locations

Media Contact

Your Location

Our Services - Injured People

Commonwealth Employees

If you are a Commonwealth employee and need a lawyer for your matter, register online here and we’ll contact you, or call Tim White on (08) 8212 1077 (SA), (08) 9211 5800 (WA),  (08) 8995 9500 (NT) or 1800 730 842 (Qld).

Is your claim related to work in the military? Click here to register online.

TGB has significant experience in representing Commonwealth employees. Over the years we have assisted many workers employed by organisations such as Telecom Australia, Telstra, Optus, The Australian Taxation Office, Australia Post, the Department of Defence, Australian Customs and various transport companies.

Commonwealth employees injured at work can claim compensation under the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act, 1988 (SRCA).

What type of injuries are covered?

You may be covered for a variety of injuries including physical injuries to your neck, back, arms, legs, head, teeth, etc. You are also covered for numerous diseases including asbestos diseases, respiratory conditions, heart problems, strokes, skin disorders and others. You are also able to claim for psychiatric/psychological conditions.

If you have been injured at work you may have a claim for:

Am I entitled to a lump sum payment?

If you sustain a permanent disability as a result of a work injury you may be entitled to a lump sum payment. Assessing a lump sum payment can be complicated. It is usually only paid once, so it is therefore important to seek legal advice about this claim. It is also a payment that is not taxed. As an example, a 10 percent assessment for permanent impairment equates to a lump sum payment of approximately $30,000.

Your injury could be deemed as occurring at work if it happened:

Disputing a claim to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT)

If you wish to dispute a decision made by Comcare or another compensating authority, you are entitled to do so by lodging a dispute with the AAT. This can be a complex process and often involves technical legal points. Accordingly, it is important to seek advice from a lawyer who specialises in this area of work.

We regularly represent Commonwealth employees at the AAT and have been doing so for a long period of time.

Our firm has settled an extensive number of claims and has run numerous cases to trial when necessary.

We can help

We will provide you with advice that is in your best interests. We have experience in and specialise in advising Commonwealth employees who have been injured at work.

Claims under the Legislation are complicated and time limits do apply. If you do not comply with the time limits your entitlements may be adversely affected.

If you are a Commonwealth employee and need a lawyer to help with your compensation claim, register online here and we’ll contact you, or call Tim White on (08) 8212 1077 (South Australia) or (08) 9211 5800 (Western Australia).

TGB Lawyers - How Can We Help?

Contact your nearest TGB office

Or find your nearest location