Globally, we are living in unprecedented times. But it is closer to home than we can feel the hardest impact.
We understand that divorce can be delicate and emotional. This is why at Tindall Gask Bentley Lawyers, we want to help you in the way you feel most comfortable. Our team of specialist Darwin divorce lawyers is committed to providing our family law clients with professional, personal, and considerate legal services.
Our professional divorce lawyers are here to help you understand your rights and feel secure throughout this time of uncertainty. Working with you, we will provide certainty and security for you and your children, working hard to achieve the best possible outcome.
Our comprehensive Darwin divorce legal services cover all aspects of family and relationship law. This includes divorce, asset division, and matters involving children. We’re here to provide trusted legal advice in a supportive setting, allowing you to focus on the journey ahead.
To file for divorce, there are certain criteria that must be met. Australian courts do not need a specific reason for the request for a divorce. However, you and your partner will need to have been separated for 12 months prior to filing.
If you have made the decision to end the marriage within 2 years, you will be required to attend counseling and obtain a certificate from the counselor prior to applying for a divorce.
Other requirements for a divorce include:
- A marriage certificate to prove you were married,
- Proof that you have been separated for at least 12 months
- No reasonable prospect that you will reunite with your spouse
- You and your spouse are Australian residents or citizens or regard Australia as your permanent home
We understand how overwhelming the process can feel, especially when it is concerning something so personal. This is why we are committed to helping you through the entire process. Our team will take the time to talk you through the necessary steps to ensure that the process is as stress-free as possible.
AREAS OF DIVORCE & FAMILY LAW WE COVER:
Getting a Divorce
– TGB can provide comprehensive legal advice for all issues relating to divorce and separation.
The Breakdown of a Marriage or De Facto Relationship
Property Settlement (Marriage)
– The majority of couples own Darwin property together. In the event of a marriage breakdown, TGB will be able to assist in the arrangement of a legal property settlement, ensuring the proper division of property.
Property Settlement (De Facto)
– The majority of couples own Darwin property together. When a de facto relationship ends it is essential to ensure that a legal property settlement is organized. Our team will work with you to ensure that you receive the best possible outcome with clear advice and premium legal representation.
– Separation and divorce are hard on everyone involved, especially the children. We understand that the Darwin family legal system can be confusing. Tindall Gask Bentley can assist with all varieties of issues relating to children during separation while ensuring your children receive an outcome that is in their best interest.
– Negotiating an international divorce yourself is difficult. Tap into TGB’s global network of lawyers, leaving you free to concentrate on the next phase of your life.
– TGB’s Family Lawyers can provide comprehensive advice for all issues relating to child support.
Financial Agreements (eg. Prenuptial Contract)
– TGB Lawyers can aid you in the creation of a Financial Agreement (Prenuptial Contract) prior to the beginning of a relationship.
Meditation & Family Dispute Resolution
– Mediation is a process where disputing parties meet with a qualified mediator with the aim of negotiating an outcome acceptable to both parties.
– Collaborative law is a new way to address divorce and resolve disputes while avoiding the cost, delay and stress of court.
De Facto & Same-Sex Relationships
– Tindall Gask Bentley Lawyers can assist with separation in all types of relationships, including with the breakdown of same-sex relationships.
Surrogacy & Assisted Reproductive Technology
– TGB can assist with the legal issues surrounding surrogacy, artificial insemination, in vitro fertilization (IVF), and other forms of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART).
Fixed Fee family law services
– We offer Fixed Fee family law services to our clients based in Darwin, Northern Territory.
Why Choose TGB Lawyers For Divorce Lawyers In Darwin?
Whether you’re going through a divorce or separation, it’s important that you seek Darwin legal advice from a family lawyer that understands these tough times. Seeking guidance throughout such turbulent times can provide you with a sense of calm and clarity as well as helping you to protect your legal rights.
Whatever you require a family lawyer for, you can count on the team at TGB Lawyers in Darwin.
Our legal team has extensive experience with the Northern Territory Divorce Law process and holds a strong dedication to providing our clients with the best possible outcome.
Our team understands and appreciates the stress and sensitivity that can come with family and separation issues. This is why we will also try our best to resolve issues as smoothly as possible. Our team takes the time to focus on each client’s individual circumstances and needs, we will always work hard to ensure that our clients feel supported and respected through such personal and sensitive times.
Need A Divorce Lawyer In Darwin?
If you are enduring the pain and upheaval of a relationship breakdown, our family law team is ready to guide you through the confusion and onto a path of clarity, health, and a fresh start.
Our dedicated team of legal advocates is here, on your side, to expertly guide you through every aspect of the Northern Territory divorce law process.
Be sure to take advantage of our online tools to find out where you stand in your separation or divorce and receive your free separation pathway. You can get started for free with no obligation.