If you have been injured at work, you may be entitled to compensation. Register online here and we’ll contact you, or call us on (08) 8212 1077 (South Australia), (08) 9211 5800 (Western Australia) or (08) 89417814 (Northern Territory).


Should the worst happen at work, it is very easy to feel powerless, vulnerable and out of your depth. When it comes to sorting out the legal side of things, though, you should not feel like you need to go it alone… that’s where we come in.

If you have been injured at work, no matter how big or small, you may be eligible to make a claim for workers’ compensation. We specialise in both state workers’ compensation claims, as well as Comcare claims for Commonwealth workers. If you are a Commonwealth worker, please click here to find out more about our Comcare claims experience.

At Tindall Gask Bentley, we work hard to fight your corner and protect your rights. Our expert team of experienced workers’ compensation lawyers are always on-hand to guide you through the process from beginning to end, helping you take back control over your work and personal life.

Because the laws which govern workers’ compensation differ from state-to-state throughout Australia, it is important that you contact the right lawyers so that your case can move forward quickly.

We are a leading firm which specialises in personal injury and workers’ compensation. Contact us today to get the ball rolling; we will manage your claim whilst you focus on your recovery.

Book your first FREE interview with us.

We are a national leader in workers compensation, offering the largest team in South Australia, as well as experienced lawyers in Perth (WA) and Darwin (NT). Our focused expertise in this area means you can concentrate on your recovery while we manage your claim.

You can book your first free appointment here or call us on (08) 8212 1077 (SA), (08) 9211 5800 (WA) or (08) 8995 9520 (NT).

What circumstances are required for a claim?

Workers’ compensation

If you are employed or contracted to do work, you may have a claim for workers’ compensation for an injury or illness that occurs at work or is related to work. It is not necessary to prove that someone else was at fault. We also specialise in acting for both State Government and Commonwealth Government employees.

Claims against third parties

It is sometimes also possible to make a claim against a third party in relation to an injury at work, but only if you can show that the third party has been negligent.

In most cases, we will be able to tell you if your claim will succeed after you discuss the circumstances of the injury or illness with us. We offer free first interviews for this area of practice so, if you don’t have a claim, there may be no fee for the first interview.

What will we do if you have a claim?

If you have a claim then we will handle negotiations with your employer, and the third party (if one is involved) or their insurance companies. We will get medical reports from doctors relating to your injury or illness and have your capacity to work assessed. Throughout your claim we will liase with you, your employer, the third party and the doctors to gather enough information to accurately assess your compensation claim.

What are you entitled to claim for?

You are entitled to weekly payments of workers’ compensation if you are unable to perform any of the tasks that you normally perform at work or if you are able to do some of these duties but your employer cannot find alternative work for you to do. You are also entitled to have your reasonable medical and rehabilitation expenses paid for. If your injuries leave you with a permanent physical disability it may also be possible to negotiate a lump sum payment of compensation.

In a claim against a third party you may also be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering. We will discuss these entitlements with you throughout your claim.

How long will your claim take?

The time taken for your workers’ compensation claim to finish depends upon how long it takes for your injuries to stablise and for you and your employer (and your employers insurance company) to agree on a figure of compensation.

The time taken to finalise a claim against a third party will depend on how long it takes you to recover from your injuries. Your claim cannot be finalised until you have fully recovered or you have recovered as well as can be expected (in the opinion of your doctors). Once your claim has been finalised it can’t be changed, so it is important that your claim not be resolved until we are fully informed about what future problems you may have.

When should you seek legal advice?

If you are concerned about the compensation payments that you are (or are not) receiving you should seek legal advice. Similarly, we can assist you if you are concerned about the work duties that you are being asked to perform while you are incapacitated.

Register online here and we’ll contact you, or call us on (08) 8212 1077 (South Australia), (08) 9211 5800(Western Australia) or (08) 89417814 (Northern Territory).

Tindall Gask Bentley is South Australia’s largest workers compensation law firm.

Workers Compensation Enquiry
Contact your nearest TGB office Or find your nearest location
Adelaide, sa
Salisbury, sa
Mount Barker, sa