Get in touch with Sam
Since being admitted in 2014, Sam Hooper has worked quickly to refine his skills across a variety of areas, offering his clients not only legal expertise but someone willing to fight for them.
His focus is primarily on assisting people with issues arising in the course of their employment, and criminal and disciplinary law. For Sam, it’s not just about his clients’ legal issues and entitlements. He is outcome focused and takes an active role in gaining them access to medical treatment and rehabilitation.
Sam regularly appears in the South Australian Employment Tribunal (SAET) in relation to workplace injuries and the Fair Work Commission and South Australian Industrial Court in relation to industrial disputes and unfair dismissals.
He has also acted for clients in relation to driving, drug, violence, theft, intervention orders and other criminal charges in all courts from local Magistrates Courts to the Supreme Court of South Australia.
Sam began at TGB in 2008 before moving to Sydney to gain experience at wealth management company Yellow Brick Road. He returned to the firm in 2011 and now represents clients predominantly from TGB’s Adelaide and Port Lincoln offices.
Sam plays a key role in representing members of the Police Association of South Australia and is a frequent attendee at the firm’s Perth office, where he represents and advises members of the Western Australia Police Union as well as the general public.
As well as his work with the Law Society of South Australia Council, Sam also sits on the Young Lawyers, Industrial Law and Wellbeing and Resilience Committees of the Law Society of South Australia.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Commerce (International Business), University of Adelaide
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Adelaide
- Admitted to practice 2014
My Areas of Expertise
- Workers Compensation
- Workplace Issues and Unfair Dismissals
- Industrial and Employment Law
- Criminal and Disciplinary
- Public Liability Injury
- Personal Injury
- Asbestos and Chemical Exposure Claims
My Professional Interests
- Member of the Law Society of South Australia
- Member of the Criminal Law Committee, Law Society of South Australia
- Member of the Young Lawyers Committee, Law Society of South Australia
- Committee Member, Old Ignatian’s Association
Media & Blog Posts
I've been underpaid by my employer. What can I do?
MasterChef star and celebrity chef George Calombaris’s restaurants have incorrectly paid their staff by $2.6 million. What can you do if your employer does the same? TGB Associate Sam Hooper explains your options. The revelation celebrity chef George Calombaris’s restaurants had incorrectly paid staff to the tune of...Read more