Get in touch with Melanie
Melanie Tilmouth is an experienced family lawyer, having honed her skills working across a variety of areas while practicing in a country firm. This experience has given Melanie a broad base of knowledge, which she uses to her clients’ advantage when dealing with their Family Law matters. Melanie is well equipped to provide Family Law advice which is tailored to her clients’ individual needs and circumstances.
Melanie is acutely aware of how Family Law can also integrate with other areas of law, which ensures her Family Law advice is comprehensive and practical. Melanie’s background in Wills and Estates, Agriculture Law, small business management, Criminal Law and Conveyancing ensures that she can handle even the most complex of Family Law matters.
Melanie values professionalism, communication and achieving results that truly reflect the desires of her clients. Melanie takes the time to get to the heart of the issue and ensure that her clients’ needs are being met in an empathetic manner.
Melanie is personable, approachable, down-to-earth and is keenly aware of the emotional toll that Family Law can have on her clients. She adopts a realistic approach that allows her clients to know where they stand right from the outset.
Use our online family law tools to find out where you standGet started online with Melanie
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice, Flinders University
- Bachelor of International Studies, Flinders University
- LLM (Applied Law) majoring in Family Law (currently completing)
My Areas of Expertise
- Matrimonial and De Facto Relationships
- Child Issues
- Child Support
- Same Sex Relationships
- Property Settlement
My Professional Interests
- Young Lawyers’ Committee, Committee Member
- Member of Law Society of South Australia
- Contributor to the Advertiser newspaper’s Family Forum Panel;
- Committee Member of Family Law Committee of the Law Society of South Australia
- Co-Chair of Young Lawyers’ Committee of the Law Society of South Australia
- Council Member of the Law Society of South Australia
Media & Blog Posts
For separated families who are disputing care arrangements for their children the preparation of a Family Assessment Report by a child psychologist or case worker is often a crucial part of achieving a resolution. A Family Assessment Report, however, should not be considered to predetermine the outcome of the dispute. A Family...Read more
For many separating couples the writing was on the wall for some time and a final separation does not come as a complete surprise to either person. Whether it was a gradual process over many months or years or a particular event that led to the separation both parties often agree that separation was inevitable. However...Read more