Get in touch with Jane
Jane Miller is one of Adelaide’s few Accredited Specialists in Family Law. It means, simply, that her expertise in this complex field stands apart.
Jane possesses significant skills in resolving legal issues surrounding the breakdown of relationships. She also helps clients to address matters which may arise at the start of relationships.
As an experienced Family Lawyer, Jane is aware of the direct impact her work has on clients’ personal lives. That’s why she aims to be a “legal companion”, helping to secure a resolution to stressful and heartbreaking problems.
Jane strives always to provide sensible, realistic and timely advice. When a client’s best interest is to keep a matter out of court, she uses her negotiation skills to seek a positive solution. It is her strong belief that minimising harm to the future relationship of the parties is crucial, especially where children are involved. When negotiation is not possible, her expertise as an Accredited Specialist comes to the fore in the courtroom.
Married, non-married and same-sex couples consult Jane for advice on property settlements, before and after separation. For people contemplating marriage or entering de facto relationships, Jane advises on asset protection and draws up agreements.
Clients find her advice invaluable on child support, spousal maintenance, and divorce cases – including those complicated by lost marriage certificates or the unknown whereabouts of a spouse.
With Jane as your advocate, you can be assured that complex processes will be explained in a straightforward way, so you can make the right decisions about your future.
Use our online family law tools to find out where you standGet started online with Jane
- Bachelor of Law and Legal Practice
- Bachelor of Arts
- Accredited Specialist in Family Law
- Admitted to practice 2001
My Areas of Expertise
- Matrimonial and De Facto Relationships
- Child Issues
- Child Support
- Financial Agreements
- Surrogacy and Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Wills and Estate Planning
- Same Sex Relationships
My Professional Interests
- SA Telstra Business Women’s Awards – Finalist, 2011
- Leading Family Lawyer 2018, Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession
- Recommended Family Lawyer 2018 (High-Value & Complex Property Matters), Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession
- Recommended Family Lawyer 2017, Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession
- Leading Family Lawyer 2014, Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession
- Committee Member of Family Law Committee of the Law Society of South Australia
- Contributor to the Advertiser newspaper’s Family Forum Panel
Media & Blog Posts
Guilt is an often-overlooked emotion when it comes to divorce, but the damage it wreaks on your mental health, your property settlement, how you parent and your ability move forward can be profound. In this blog Jane Miller, TGB partner and accredited family law specialist, shares her own very personal story of Divorce Guilt...Read more
Australia’s Family Court system is in crisis but a new review offers some hope that we can at least take a step towards a better approach, argues TGB partner and accredited family law specialist Jane Miller in a special guest column for InDaily. Read the full column here.Read more