Get in touch with Anita
Since commencing practice Anita’s main focus has been ensuring her clients are fully informed about their options and the process they are going through. Anita truly believes that through education and communication people receive higher satisfaction with the outcome of their matter and are more likely to be successful moving forward.
To assist in educating people about the their rights and the protections available to them Anita has presented around Australia at different community education events on all issues of Family Law and encourages people to seek legal advice early in any potential dispute or before starting a new stage in life to ensure they have the best information to make an educated choice. Early legal advice and education generally prevents significant stress and cost down the track.
Prior to relocating to Adelaide Anita spent two years working in the Aboriginal Legal Service sector which has given her specialised training in assisting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people navigate the legal system in all areas of the law. Anita has also worked extensively with families with a non-traditional construction such as poly-amorous relationships, transgender parents and non-parent carers.
It is important to Anita that clients have ownership of their legal matters and therefore alternative dispute resolution such as mediation is, when appropriate, integral to proceedings. For someone going through a separation or starting a family the key is having a strong support network and Anita strives to be the legal support you need.
A substantial part of Anita’s work has been assisting families affected by Family Violence and engaged with Child Protection Services and these matters particularly require a strong team of people that you can trust and be comfortable working with.
A lawyer client relationship is always about working together for the best outcome and that is Anita’s goal with every person she assists whether that be at the start of a relationship and setting that relationship up for success with a Financial Agreement or at the end of a relationship and finalising the arrangements so that you can move forward either with a positive co-parenting relationship or simply start afresh.
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Tasmania
- Bachelor Laws – University of Tasmania
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- 2009 Admitted to the Supreme Court of Tasmania
- 2009 Admitted to the High Court roll
- Admitted to practice (South Australia) 2018
MY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Property Settlements – Matrimonial and De Facto
- Children’s Issues
- Financial Agreements
- Child Support Agreements
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander representation
- Community Legal Education
- Wills and Estate Planning
MY PROFESSIONAL INTERESTS
- Member of the Law Council of Australia, Family Law Section
- Member of the Law Society, South Australia
- Member of the Law Society, Tasmania
- Past Secretary and current Member of the Family Law Practitioners Association (Tas)
- Member of Family Law Pathways – South Australia
- Past Chair and current Member of Family Law Pathways – Tasmanian
- Past Board Member of Autism Tasmania
- Past Board Member of the Launceston Community Legal Centre
Media & Blog Posts
Sadly having a child does not come easily to all would-be parents and for many reasons surrogacy can be the only option after a long and costly road of medical testing and fertility treatments. Up until 31 October 2019 Part 2B of the Family Relationships Act 1975 (SA) provided the legislative framework for Surrogacy in South...Read more
Having a child through Surrogacy is an exciting and stressful time for the Surrogate, the Commissioning Parents and their respective families. People are coming together to bring a new life in to the world and create a new (or extended) family for the Commissioning Parents … but when it comes to Wills and Estate Planning...Read more